Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 

Week 4

Weight = 143.8 Bodyfat = ?

Waist: -3cm Hips: -1.5cm Upper Thigh: -.5cm

Changed things up a little bit.

This is the last week that I will be looking at the scale for a while. I'm an impatient person and the scale measure is too slow for me and leads me to get aggravated and frustrated. I'm also not going to list bodyfat percentage anymore because the method by which I was getting that figure is too unreliable. It depends upon the level of hydration in my body and right now, with this heat, that level is very "fluid" due to sweating. Am relying on the tape measure for a while. Decided to use centimeters because it's more precise and the change is quicker (a little mind game with myself).

New workout schedule. I'm not looking at the days of the week anymore. I just work out every other day. Every third workout will require a change to keep with the "muscle confusion" theory of exercise.

Deleted the Inner and Outer thigh exercises. I suspect that they were aggravating my lower back issue. I will bring them back when I feel that my core muscles have been strengthened enough. To facilitate this, I have put 2 different types of Abdominal work in the cycle.

Also changed the way that I am doing the weights. On the Military Press and the Bicept Curls, I am alternating each arm while holding the opposite arm in a static position. I feel that this is keeping the muscles engaged constantly throughout the set. Kept the weights and reps the same. I must say that this way of doing the set is very challenging. My heartrate spiked to 177 during all sets of these exercises. Changed Tricepts to doublehand behind the head with a higher weight. This seems to also work the lats a little also. Upped the weight on the Upright Rows.

Here's the routine for the next 3 workouts


Lunges - 20 each side
Alternating Military Press - 15#db/12reps
25 leg extensions
Dbl. hand Overhead Tricept press - 10#db/12reps
25 squats
Alternating Hammerstyle Bicept curls - 15#db/12reps
25 crunches
Upright rows with two 15#db/12reps

3 cycles of all. Heartrate throughout 135bpms sometimes spiking to 177bpms.

Extended cardio time to 45 minutes. Heartrate throughout 160-165bpms. It's hard to carry a water bottle big enough in this heat.

I'm really enjoying exercising again. I am also beginning to see the changes in my muscle structure, particularly my shoulders. I feel that my shoulders and back are some of my best physical features so I'm glad to see the improvement. My legs are definitely stronger but there is still too much fat on top of the muscle to really see the difference.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?