Monday, August 21, 2006

 

Week 3

Kind of discouraging day. Although I can feel a change in my muscle structure, a noticeable change in the firmness of major muscle groups, I was disappointed at the scale this morning.

Weight - 145.2

Bodyfat - 29.8%

I spoke to Jacki after my workout and she suggested 2 things. Add a 4th day of exercise per week and quit looking at the scale and measure my progress via tape measure. My calorie intake at this point is a low as is healthy. Rationally, I know that I have only been back on the Synthroid for a month, so the levels are just now reaching were they need to be. Hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks, I should see more noticeable changes.

Lunges have finally gotten easier. I attribute this to my Quads finally kicking into gear. Added a 4th arm exercise and broke the inner/outer thigh routine into separate segments while also adding 3# ankle weights.

Here's the routine for this week

5 minute warm-up

Military Press - 15#db / 12 reps

15 lunges each side

Upright rows - 10#db/12 reps

20 squats

Tricept kick backs - 5#db/12 reps

Inner or Outer thigh lifts - 3# ankle weights/12 reps

Bicept curls - 15#db/12 reps

Inner or Outer thigh (opposite leg)(see above)


3 total cycles on 3rd cycle Ab work instead of thigh lifts

I'm tracking the time of the weight lifting and aerobic separately.

Weight segment - approx. 30 minutes Heartrate 139 - 165

Aerobic walk - 30 minutes Heartrate 150 - 163

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?